- 1/2 cup medium-grain rice, prepared
- 1 can Old El Paso Refried Beans, heated up
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 avocado, pitted, peeled and sliced
- 1 cup torn lettuce
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice, plus the zest of 1 lime
- 1/4 cup finely chopped cilantro
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Divide the rice evenly among four bowls. Add 1/4 of the refried beans, red peppers, avocado and lettuce to each.
- Whisk together the lime juice, lime zest, cilantro and olive oil. Season with salt and pepper.
- Spoon the vinaigrette over each rice bowl.
- No time to make rice? Pick up some frozen rice and it will be ready to use in minutes – I love the medium grain rice for this, but any rice (brown or white) will do. - For a less tangy vinaigrette, add 1 teaspoon honey before whisking together.
Sarah Walker Caron is a cookbook author, freelance writer and founder of Sarah’s Cucina Bella. She is the author of several cookbooks including The Super Easy 5-Ingredient Cookbook and One-Pot Pasta, both from Rockridge Press. A single mother to two kids in middle school, Sarah loves nightly family dinners, juicy tomatoes plucked fresh from the vine and lazy days on the beach. She also adores reading and traveling.