Sauteed with shallots and finished with white wine, this Garlic Butter Shrimp recipe is a savory, rich dish that will delight.
Ever since my son went to college in the fall, I have been experimenting with dishes, seeking quick and easy recipes that both my daughter and I love. Although my son is an enthusiastic eater of all things, my daughter and I have had to figure out what we eat when he’s not home. Less red meat and less chicken. More cheese board dinners and make your own fancy ramen. And dishes like this Garlic Butter Shrimp recipe.
Picture succulent shrimp bathed in the rich, aromatic blend of garlic-infused butter with a hint of sweetness from the shallots and a bit of aromatic white wine. My mouth waters just describing it. It’s sensational. And, better yet, it’s easy.
Ready in 30 minutes or less, the shrimp, garlic and shallots sizzle together in melted better for a few minutes. Then you add the wine with a satisfying whoosh as it hits the pan and cook it for a few more minutes before serving.
It doesn’t get much simpler than that.
We eat this with Lemon Butter Orzo and a vegetable like roasted asparagus or Brussels sprouts. But it’s also delicious served over pasta or with mashed potatoes or rice. And don’t forget your vegetable side too — green beans are also perfect with this.
Got leftovers? Store them in an airtight container in the fridge for up to four days. They reheat well in the microwave.
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 lb raw large or extra large shrimp, peeled, deveined and tails removed
- 2 shallots, finely shopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- parsley, to taste
- In a large skillet set over medium heat, melt the butter.
- Add the shrimp, shallots and garlic to the skillet. Season all over with a pinch of salt and pepper. Stir to combine. Cook for 4-5 minutes, stirring once or twice, until the shrimp is opaque.
- Add the white wine to the skillet. Cook over medium heat for 2 minutes.
- Taste and season with additional salt and pepper, as desired.
- Serve immediately with parsley for garnish.