Super Stop & Shop had a buy one, get one free sale on ground turkey this week so I used that as an excuse to do a bait and switch exercise with my husband and he didn’t know the difference.
These turkey meatballs are really yummy, and the lean turkey is a nice alternative to red meat.
Serve on bed of pasta, topped with marinara sauce and cheese, if you like.
- 1 1/4 lbs ground turkey
- 1 cup breadcrumbs (I like the Italian style ones)
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1 tbsp Italian seasonings
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cups marinara sauce
- Gather ingredients - You will also need a large mixing bowl and a baking sheet. I prefer to line mine with aluminum foil (Reynolds Wrap Release) for easy cleanup.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Combine all ingredients, except the marinara sauce, in the large mixing bowl, mixing by hand until well blended.
- Heat marinara sauce in large saucepan until steaming.
- Roll by hand into 1 1/2 inch balls and place on baking sheet. Leave 1-2 inches between balls.
- Bake on middle rack in a preheated oven for 35-45 minutes under center is no longer pink.
- Remove from oven and transfer meatballs to warm marinara sauce. Simmer for 5-10 minutes.
© Sarah W. Caron and Sarah's Cucina Bella, 2005-2012.
Category: dinner, Poultry, Recipes