Super Stop & Shop had a buy one, get one free sale on ground turkey this week so I used that as an excuse to do a bait and switch exercise with my husband and he didn’t know the difference.
These turkey meatballs are really yummy, and the lean turkey is a nice alternative to red meat.
1 1/4 lbs ground turkey
1 cup breadcrumbs (I like the Italian style ones)
2 large eggs
1/2 cup parmesan cheese
1 tbsp Italian seasonings
salt and pepper to taste
2 cups marinara sauce
- - Gather ingredients – You will also need a large mixing bowl and a baking sheet. I prefer to line mine with aluminum foil (Reynolds Wrap Release) for easy cleanup.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Combine all ingredients, except the marinara sauce, in the large mixing bowl, mixing by hand until well blended.
- Heat marinara sauce in large saucepan until steaming.
- Bake on middle rack in a preheated oven for 35-45 minutes under center is no longer pink.
Serve on bed of pasta, topped with marinara sauce and cheese, if you like.
About the Author (Author Profile)Sarah W. Caron is a freelance writer, editor and recipe developer. Her work has appeared in countless online and print publications including iVillage, BELLA NYC Magazine, Yum for Kids magazine and more. She lives in Connecticut with her two kids, two beagles and husband.
Sites That Link to this Post
- Hawaiian Turkey Meatballs « Sarah’s Cucina Bella | January 10, 2008