Love homemade ravioli? This recipe for Spinach Beef Ravioli Filling is both nutritious and delicious.
Yesterday was a cooking day for me. I made butternut squash for the family, pasta, bread, chocolate chip cookies, green beans for the baby. It was a constant flurry of cooking and baking. Today’s been a bit of a cooking day too, as I also whipped up a ravioli filling recipe that’s nutritious and flavorful — a perfect combination.
This ravioli filling combines beef with nutrient-packed spinach, fragrant garlic and salt and pepper. It’s a simple ingredients list that produces an unforgettably good filling for ravioli.
Now, this time I made my own pasta dough for these ravioli. But don’t feel like you have to! Premade pasta dough can be purchased in some grocery and specialty stores. Or, in a pinch, use wonton wrappers — simply moisten the edges to seal the ravioli filling in.
Whichever way you do it, this filling is worth all the effort.
See also Easy Homemade Pierogies.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 2 cloves garlic, sliced and roughly chopped
- 1 can whole spinach
- In frying pan, brown ground beef with garlic, breaking it up as you cook. Stir in spinach, with juices from the pan. Mix well over medium heat.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper. Bring to a boil and cook for 3 minutes.
- Remove from burner and let cool 5 minutes.
- Transfer to a food processor or blender and puree.
Sarah Walker Caron is a cookbook author, freelance writer and founder of Sarah’s Cucina Bella. She is the author of several cookbooks including The Super Easy 5-Ingredient Cookbook and One-Pot Pasta, both from Rockridge Press. A single mother to two kids in middle school, Sarah loves nightly family dinners, juicy tomatoes plucked fresh from the vine and lazy days on the beach. She also adores reading and traveling.