Love homemade ravioli? This recipe for Spinach Beef Ravioli Filling is both nutritious and delicious.
Yesterday was a cooking day for me. I made butternut squash for the family, pasta, bread, chocolate chip cookies, green beans for the baby. It was a constant flurry of cooking and baking. Today’s been a bit of a cooking day too, as I also whipped up a ravioli filling recipe that’s nutritious and flavorful — a perfect combination.
This ravioli filling combines beef with nutrient-packed spinach, fragrant garlic and salt and pepper. It’s a simple ingredients list that produces an unforgettably good filling for ravioli.
Now, this time I made my own pasta dough for these ravioli. But don’t feel like you have to! Premade pasta dough can be purchased in some grocery and specialty stores. Or, in a pinch, use wonton wrappers — simply moisten the edges to seal the ravioli filling in.
Whichever way you do it, this filling is worth all the effort.
See also Easy Homemade Pierogies.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 2 cloves garlic, sliced and roughly chopped
- 1 can whole spinach
- In frying pan, brown ground beef with garlic, breaking it up as you cook. Stir in spinach, with juices from the pan. Mix well over medium heat.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper. Bring to a boil and cook for 3 minutes.
- Remove from burner and let cool 5 minutes.
- Transfer to a food processor or blender and puree.
Sarah Walker Caron is a cookbook author, freelance writer and founder of Sarah’s Cucina Bella. She is the author of four cookbooks including The Super Easy 5-Ingredient Cookbook and One-Pot Pasta, both from Rockridge Press. A single mother to a tween and a teen, Sarah loves nightly family dinners, juicy tomatoes plucked fresh from the vine and lazy days on the beach. She also adores reading and traveling.