Looking for a recipe for sweet, buttery Glazed Carrots? This one is easy, and produces a tasty result perfect for holidays, Sunday dinner or whenever you are craving carrots.
Can we talk carrots? I am a sucker for tender, sweet carrots glazed with a buttery sauce. I mean, who isn’t? (Okay, there are probably some people who aren’t so into carrots like this but I totally don’t know them. So, I have tried and failed and tried again to come up with a reliable recipe that produces just the right carrots.
Well, finally, I have it. These carrots have that sweetness — but they aren’t too sweet. And they are so buttery — but not in a greasy or whoa-butter kind of way. We’re talking a balance of flavors here — and we all know how important balance is.
Best of all? This is a quick and easy recipe, designed to create a side dish that’s equally perfect for holidays as it is for Sunday dinner or even a laid-back weeknight meal. Basically, these are good for anytime.
Do you love carrots? What’s your favorite carrot recipe like? Do share!
- 1 lb baby carrots, rinsed
- 2 tbsp butter
- ⅓ cup light brown sugar
- In a medium saucepan, steam carrots until fork tender. It should take about 10-15 minutes. Bear in mind that they are better when they are still a little firm.
- Remove the carrots from the pan. Reserve ½ cup of the carrot water and drain the rest.
- Put the water back into the pan and put it on the burner at medium heat. Stir in the butter and sugar.
- Heat mixture to boiling and stir constantly for 5-7 minutes until mixture slightly thickens.
- Stir carrots into mixture to coat well and remove from heat. Cover and let sit for a few minutes before serving.