Looking for a lobster recipe worthy of your next dinner party? These Lobster Stuffed Mushrooms take less than 20 minutes to whip up and are an easy but impressive recipe. Guests will love the meaty mushrooms stuffed with buttery lobster filling.
To make this lobster recipe a truly easy recipe, use precooked lobster. Many fish markets, and even some fish mongers in grocery stores, will steam your lobsters for you. Some even sell the meat already plucked from the shells (at a premium, natch). While it might cost you a little more, it will make creating this recipe a breeze.
And besides … who can say no to an amazing buttery lobster recipe?
Lobster Stuffed Mushrooms Recipe
- 12 large mushrooms (or stuffing mushrooms)
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 shallot, minced
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup seasoned breadcrumbs
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 tbsp fresh oregano, chopped
- 1 cup lobster meat, cooked and chopped
- 1/4 cup Romano cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- Coat a baking dish with cooking spray. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Wash the mushrooms and remove the stems. Place into the prepared baking dish.
- In a small saucepan, melt 1/4 cup butter. Stir in garlic and shallots and cook for 2-3 minutes, until softened.
- Remove from heat and combine butter mixture with breadcrumbs, herbs, lobster, and Romano cheese.
- Spoon mixture into the mushroom caps. Place in oven for 8-10 minutes.
If you have extra filling, combine it with a pat of butter, a cup of cooked pasta and a little cheese for a yummy lunch or dinner. Toss in any extra lobster too.
© Sarah W. Caron and Sarah's Cucina Bella, 2005-2012.
Category: Appetizers, Celebrate, New England Cuisine, Recipes, Seafood