In a nutshell: Juicy barbecue seasoned meatballs are bathed in sweet honey barbecue sauce.
Ok. Ok. Meatballs? For Thanksgiving? In barbecue sauce?!? Yes, I know it’s unusual — for Thanksgiving or otherwise. But these are seriously good — and they are just right for pre-big Thanksgiving dinner munching.
Making these is simple and can be done a day or two in advance. Prepare the whole dish as directed, and then chill then in the fridge until ready to use. They’ll just need a quick reheating before serving (recommended: stovetop), and they’re ready to go.
See, I promised you simple. You can’t beat a dish that can be made well in advance.
Why not try something a little different this holiday?
Barbecue Meatballs Appetizer
- 3/4 lb ground beef
- 1/2 cup Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1 tbsp barbecue seasoning (I use McCormick Grill Mates)
- salt and pepper
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup barbecue sauce
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a medium bowl, combine the ground beef, breadcrumbs, barbecue seasoning, salt and pepper. Stir well to combine. Then form into small (about 1-inch diameter) meatballs. Place onto a nonstick baking sheet.
- Bake the meatballs for 10 minutes, flip and bake for an additional 8-10 minutes, until cooked through.
- Meanwhile, warm the barbecue sauce in a medium sauce pan. Add the meatballs and toss to coat. Serve hot with toothpicks for easy grabbing.
© Sarah W. Caron and Sarah's Cucina Bella, 2005-2012.
Category: Appetizers, Beef, Quick and Easy Recipes, Recipes