Sunday nights are usually a time for curling up with my favorite TV dramas (Maris and I love Revenge, and she tells me last night’s show was amazing). Sometimes, I dig into a little plate of crackers and cheese with a glass of wine while watching too. It’s an event, and one that often involves chatting via technology during the commercial breaks. But last night, I totally skipped out on it all.
I was just too zonked after a weekend spent almost completely outside. I was exhausted in that way where your brain and body practically beg you to just close your eyes and nod off. So I did. In fact, I think I went to sleep before Will. And let me tell you, going to sleep super early felt really, really good. I was so refreshed this morning.
Tonight, I plan to catch up on my favorite shows — and maybe even dig into a little salsa and chips with a tall glass of ice water. It’s like the healthier version of my Sunday.
This salsa combines champagne mangoes (my favorite variety!) with tomatoes, cilantro, lime zest and a serrano pepper. The result is a sweet and spicy salsa that’s perfect with tortilla chips, divine on nachos and amazing on tacos. It’s also delicious on chili cheese omelets, if you are so inclined. But be warned: When I say it’s spicy, I really mean it — so if you like heat in your food like I do, you’ll enjoy it.
- 1 champagne mango, diced
- 1 medium tomato, diced
- 1 serrano pepper, finely minced
- ¼ cup finely minced cilantro
- 1 tsp lime zest
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl and stir well to mix. You want all the ingredients to be evenly dispersed throughout.
- Transfer the salsa to an airtight container and chill in the fridge for at least 30 minutes. That will let the flavors come together and mix and mingle.