Give your Thanksgiving side dishes a little extra oomph this year. These zesty Lemon Garlic Roasted Green Beans are tender and fragrant — and absolutely delicious.
We are two weeks and six days from Thanksgiving. Not that I am counting of course … but seriously, I can’t wait. The food! The family! The football! And all this means that it’s time to plan our Thanksgiving menu. Old favorites — like Maple Bacon Butternut Squash — will, of course, make the table. And there will be turkey, gravy, potatoes and more.
But this year, some of our staples (like green beans) are getting a fresh makeover with new flavors. While I love our menus from years past, there’s something special about switching things up and delivering new food ideas. It keeps everyone on their toes.
These Lemon Garlic Roasted Green Beans are a shoo-in for the menu this year.
These scrumptious beans are roasted until tender with lemon wedges and minced garlic. They are tangy, yet slightly sweet (roasting does that!) and absolutely unforgettable. Who says that green beans can’t be bold?
Lemon Garlic Roasted Green Beans are fabulous and easy to serve hot form the oven, but if you want them to be a make-ahead dish, simply roast them the day before and reheat (with the lemons!) in the oven at 350 for 10 minutes before serving.
Ready to dig in?
- 1 lb fresh green beans, trimmed
- 1 lemon, cut into 8 wedges
- 2 cloves garlic, roughly chopped
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Line a baking sheet with foil.
- Spread the green beans on the baking sheet and disperse the lemon wedges around them. Sprinkle with garlic, salt and pepper and drizzle with olive oil.
- Roast the green beans for 10 minutes, then stir. Return to the oven and roast for another 10-15 minutes, until lightly browned and cooked to desired doneness. Enjoy!