Ground turkey is combined with seasonings and other ingredients to create tender Italian Turkey Meatballs — a family favorite!
Super Stop & Shop had a buy one, get one free sale on ground turkey this week so I used that as an excuse to do a bait and switch exercise with my husband and he didn’t know the difference.
These turkey meatballs are really yummy, and the lean turkey is a nice alternative to red meat.
- 1 1/4 lbs ground turkey
- 1 cup breadcrumbs, I like the Italian style ones
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1 tbsp Italian seasonings
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cups marinara sauce
- Gather ingredients - You will also need a large mixing bowl and a baking sheet. I prefer to line mine with aluminum foil (Reynolds Wrap Release) for easy cleanup.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Combine all ingredients, except the marinara sauce, in the large mixing bowl, mixing by hand until well blended.
- Heat marinara sauce in large saucepan until steaming.
- Roll by hand into 1 1/2 inch balls and place on baking sheet. Leave 1-2 inches between balls.
- Bake on middle rack in a preheated oven for 35-45 minutes under center is no longer pink.
- Remove from oven and transfer meatballs to warm marinara sauce. Simmer for 5-10 minutes.
Sarah Walker Caron is a cookbook author, freelance writer and founder of Sarah’s Cucina Bella. She is the author of four cookbooks including The Super Easy 5-Ingredient Cookbook and One-Pot Pasta, both from Rockridge Press. A single mother to a tween and a teen, Sarah loves nightly family dinners, juicy tomatoes plucked fresh from the vine and lazy days on the beach. She also adores reading and traveling.