Rich, slightly sweet and so saucy, this Easy Slow Cooker Beef Brisket is a delightful dish for busy days. It slow cooks to perfection.
All of my cooking, photographing, and posting about our food has really caught on . . . with Will. The boy doesn’t miss a thing, I tell you.
I whipped out the camera to quickly catch a shot of the beef brisket before sitting down to eat. His little eyes lit up when he saw the camera.
“My plate next, Mommy! My plate!” Will chirped.
Of course, I indulged his interest and snapped a few photos of his cut-up food.
“Now Daddy’s, Mommy. Daddy’s plate!” He chirped.
I quickly snapped a photo.
“Now, yours mommy. Yours.”
I think I’ve created a monster . . .
As for the brisket, it was a fly by the seat of my pants recipe that worked so well. The complex sauce is a mix of garlic, chili sauce, honey and other seasonings that flavors and permeates the meat while it cooks. The result is a rich, slightly sweet and so saucy brisket that’s a delight.
Just mix this up in the morning and have it slow cook to perfection by the time you return home in the evening.
We’ll definitely be adding this one to the repertoire. Prep time was about 15 minutes and it was ready to serve when I got home.
As you can see in the picture, I conceded and served it with SpongeBob Square Pants mac n cheese . . . hey, the boy deserves a treat now and again.
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 large vidalia onion, sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 lb beef brisket
- 1/2 cup water
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup tarragon vinegar
- 1/2 cup chili sauce, I used Heinz
- 1 tbsp honey
- Heat the olive oil in a large pan. Stir in onion and garlic and cook for 4-5 minutes, until garlic is translucent, but not browned. Scrape into the slow cooker.
- Add the brisket to the pan and cook for 30 seconds to 1 minute on each side -- until just browned. Transfer to the slow cooker.
- Add the water to the hot pan and stir vigorously to deglaze. Pour over the meat.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the brown sugar, tarragon vinegar, chili sauce, and honey. Pour over the meat.
- Set the slow cooker to low and cook for 8 hours. Use two forks to pull the meat apart.