Easy to prepare, this Grilled Sausage Lasagna recipe is an excellent make-ahead single-serving dish that can be frozen until you’re ready to cook. With a bold flavor, every lasagna lover will adore these!
Yesterday was a day filled with sandcastles, swimming and laughter.
The kids and I spent nearly all day at the beach (don’t worry, we remembered the sunscreen!). We paused for a fast lunch, but otherwise, we could be found splashing in the water, playing in the sand and generally having a good time.
When I brought Paige home at 4ish, she collapsed into bed for a long, long nap. That’s the sign of a good day.
It nice on days like yesterday to have an arsenal of ready-to-go dishes that won’t heat up the kitchen.
These little single-serving lasagnas are just that. Make a batch of this Grilled Sausage Lasagna recipe and freeze them when you have time, and then you can just whip them out to defrost. When it’s time to cook, they cook on the grill in just 10 minutes.
This isn’t a recipe that sacrifices flavor for a quick and easy cooking time. In fact, the sausage, cheeses, sauce and other ingredients create a sophisticated, bold dish that lasagna and sausage lovers will adore.
This recipe for Grilled Sausage Lasagna is also a cinch to prepare.
Start by cooking lasagna noodles. Once they are cooled, layer them with ricotta, sausage and marinara in a mini loaf pan. I prefer to use disposable pans for this, but you could use reusable ones if you prefer. Then finish it off with fresh mozzarella.
From there, you can either cook them immediately or wrap them and freeze until you’re ready to make them for dinner.
The result is a delicious, satisfying pasta dish that goes perfectly with a big tossed salad.
Looking for a single-serving grilled vegetarian lasagna recipe? Try my Grilled Caprese Lasagna recipe!
What have you been grilling lately?
Grilled Sausage Lasagna Recipe
- 8 lasagna noodles, , cooked and cooled
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 2 cups tomato basil marinara
- 8 slices fresh mozzarella cheese
- 4 precooked Sweet Italian Chicken Sausages, , chopped
- Heat your grill on its hottest setting (if using gas) or prepare charcoal for cooking. Also, you will need four disposable mini-loaf pans.
- Line each of the mini-loaf pans with one lasagna noodle, letting half of it hang out over the edge.
- Spread about two tablespoons over each lasagna noodle. Sprinkle with a handful of sausage. Drizzle with about two tablespoons marinara sauce. Wrap the dangling half of the lasagna noodle over the filling.
- Spread two tablespoons marinara over the noodle.
- Repeat steps 2-4 with a second noodle in each pan.
- Top each mini lasagna with two slices mozzarella cheese.
- Place the mini loaf pans on the grill (direct heat). Cover with the grill lid and cook for 10 minutes, until the lasagnas are hot and bubbly, and the edges are lightly browned.
- Let cool slightly before serving.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 503Total Fat: 21gSaturated Fat: 11gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 82mgSodium: 691mgCarbohydrates: 45gFiber: 4gSugar: 5gProtein: 32g
Working Mom's Notebook: 15 Recipes with Five Ingredients or Less - Sarah's Cucina Bella
Saturday 20th of December 2014
[…] Days can be so unpredictable. Yesterday, I had the best intentions of coming home and whipping up a lasagna. The ingredients were waiting, and on most nights there’s time for that. But then my phone […]