- 2 medium heirloom tomatoes, or one large one
- 2 nectarines, pitted
- 1 cucumber, peeled
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh basil
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tsp chopped fresh mint
- 2 tbsp walnut oil, use olive oil as a substitution
- 1 tbsp fresh lime juice
- Kosher salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Dice the tomatoes, nectarines and cucumber into like-sized pieces. I prefer mine to be roughly 1/2 inch, but larger is good too.
- In a large bowl, stir together the tomatoes, nectarines, cucumbers, basil, parsley and mint. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the walnut oil, lime juice, salt, pepper and garlic.
- Pour the vinaigrette mixture over the tomato mixture and stir well.
- Serve immediately, or chill until ready to serve.
Sarah Walker Caron is a cookbook author, freelance writer and founder of Sarah’s Cucina Bella. She is the author of several cookbooks including The Super Easy 5-Ingredient Cookbook and One-Pot Pasta, both from Rockridge Press. A single mother to two kids in middle school, Sarah loves nightly family dinners, juicy tomatoes plucked fresh from the vine and lazy days on the beach. She also adores reading and traveling.