- 1/2 lb penne or mini penne
- 4 precooked bratwurst links
- 2-3 cups chopped and steamed broccoli
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Boil water and cook the pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, heat the bratwurst.
- Once the bratwurst are heated through, slice them into 1/4 inch disks and transfer to a large mixing bowl. Add the broccoli and pasta to the bowl as well. Mix well. Set aside.
- Heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the garlic and cook for 1-2 minutes, until just softened. Pour the garlic oil over the pasta mixture. Toss well.
- Salt and pepper the pasta mixture and toss again. Serve immediately.
Sarah Walker Caron is a cookbook author, freelance writer and founder of Sarah’s Cucina Bella. She is the author of several cookbooks including The Super Easy 5-Ingredient Cookbook and One-Pot Pasta, both from Rockridge Press. A single mother to two kids in middle school, Sarah loves nightly family dinners, juicy tomatoes plucked fresh from the vine and lazy days on the beach. She also adores reading and traveling.