- 1 large egg
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, , melted
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup frozen raspberries
- 1/2 cup frozen blueberries
- 1/2 cup diced fresh apple
- Preheat oven to 400° F. Line 12 muffin cups with paper liners.
- Melt the butter in a saucepan allow to continue to cook until it browns gently. Browning the butter will happen suddenly and spread quickly, so don't leave the stove during this time. Remove from heat immediately and let cool for 10 minutes.
- In a large bowl, beat the egg. Beat in milk and butter until well combined. Stir in flour, sugar, baking powder and salt until just moistened. Gently fold in vanilla, raspberries, blueberries and apples.
- Divide the batter evenly between the muffin cups -- I like to use an ice cream scoop for this step. Bake for 22-26 minutes, until tops are golden brown and a toothpick inserted in the center pulls out clean.
- Let muffins cool for 10 minutes before digging in.
Sarah Walker Caron is a cookbook author, freelance writer and founder of Sarah’s Cucina Bella. She is the author of several cookbooks including The Super Easy 5-Ingredient Cookbook and One-Pot Pasta, both from Rockridge Press. A single mother to two kids in middle school, Sarah loves nightly family dinners, juicy tomatoes plucked fresh from the vine and lazy days on the beach. She also adores reading and traveling.