- 1 1/2 lb sweet potatoes, washed and cubed (1-inch cubes)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1-inch section fresh ginger, grated
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Line a baking sheet with nonstick aluminum foil. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, stir together the sweet potatoes, garlic, ginger, olive oil and a little salt and pepper. The sweet potatoes should be well-coated with the mixture.
- Pour the sweet potatoes onto the prepared cookie sheet, spreading out to form one even layer.
- Slide the baking sheet into the oven and bake for 20 minutes. Stir and flip the sweet potatoes (very gently). Return to the oven and cook for another 20-25 minutes. The potatoes should be lightly browned on one side and cooked through.
- Serve immediately.
Sarah Walker Caron is a cookbook author, freelance writer and founder of Sarah’s Cucina Bella. She is the author of several cookbooks including The Super Easy 5-Ingredient Cookbook and One-Pot Pasta, both from Rockridge Press. A single mother to two kids in middle school, Sarah loves nightly family dinners, juicy tomatoes plucked fresh from the vine and lazy days on the beach. She also adores reading and traveling.