- 1 small head cauliflower, cut into 1" florets
- 1 can chickpeas, (aka garbanzo beans), drained and rinsed
- 1 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 can diced tomatoes with peppers and onions, drained
- 1 tbsp garam masala
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- sea salt, to taste
- 4 cups cooked white rice
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the cauliflower, chickpeas, garlic, tomatoes, garam masala and olive oil. Stir and toss it all together well, making sure that you really coat all the veggies with the oil, residual tomato juices and garam masala.
- Pour the cauliflower mixture onto the baking sheet, spread it out into one single layer.
- Slide the baking sheet into the oven and bake for 15-20 minutes until the cauliflower is tender and lightly golden brown. Stir it once, about half-way through.
- Remove the tray from the oven and taste it. Season it, as desired, with sea salt (it might not need any -- I don't always salt it, since it's naturally so flavorful).
- Serve over rice.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 474 Total Fat: 12g Saturated Fat: 2g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 9g Cholesterol: 0mg Sodium: 539mg Carbohydrates: 78g Fiber: 11g Sugar: 9g Protein: 15g
Sarah Walker Caron is a cookbook author, freelance writer and founder of Sarah’s Cucina Bella. She is the author of several cookbooks including The Super Easy 5-Ingredient Cookbook and One-Pot Pasta, both from Rockridge Press. A single mother to two kids in middle school, Sarah loves nightly family dinners, juicy tomatoes plucked fresh from the vine and lazy days on the beach. She also adores reading and traveling.