Happy Friday, everyone!
If you are looking for a fast, fresh and delicious meatless meal today, try this ultra simple Asparagus, Shrimp and Mushroom Pasta.
The veggies and shrimp are roasted in the oven before being toss with the pasta and a bit of pasta water. Seasoned simply with garlic, salt, pepper and a drizzle of lemon juice, if desired, this is too good not to share.
This was so good that it totally disappeared when I make it. Seriously.
I expected there to be enough leftovers that Will could take it for lunch to school the next day. No such luck. The kids and I devoured the dish. Every. Last. Bite.
- 1 lb raw extra large or jumbo shrimp, , peeled
- 1 lb fresh asparagus, , woody ends removed
- 2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, , crushed
- salt and pepper, , to taste
- 1/2 lb pasta, , cooked according to package directions and reserving 1/2 cup of pasta water
- lemon wedges, (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil. Place the shrimp on top.
- Cut the asparagus into 1 1/2" pieces. Place onto the baking sheet. Add the mushrooms and garlic as well. Drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Stir gently to combine.
- Slide the tray into the oven and bake for 10 minutes. Stir. Return to the oven and bake for an additional 8-10 minutes, until the asparagus is lightly browned and the shrimp are cooked through.
- Combine the cooked pasta with the veggies and shrimp and toss well to combine. Add pasta water and toss again. Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve immediately, with lemon wedges for squeezing over the pasta.