- Red bell peppers
- Start with a hot, hot, hot grill. Place the peppers directly on the grates and close the lid. Let them cook for about 5 minutes, then flip them. Let them cook about 5 minutes more. Then flip them again to any spots that are still red.
- Once they are good and charred, remove them from the grill and let the peppers cool. They will deflate as they do.
- Peel away the charred skin and, if desired, rinse in cool water. Finally, cut away the stem and seeds. Slice the peppers as desired. Enjoy!
Recipes that Use Roasted Red Peppers:
- Garlic Scape Marinated Roasted Red Peppers
- Asparagus, Roasted Red Pepper and Bacon Spaghetti
- Olive Brussels Sprouts with Feta, Roasted Red Peppers and Bacon
- Pork Roast with Garlicky Roasted Red Pepper Basil Sauce
- Roasted Red Pepper and Artichoke Crostini
Sarah Walker Caron is a cookbook author, freelance writer and founder of Sarah’s Cucina Bella. She is the author of several cookbooks including The Super Easy 5-Ingredient Cookbook and One-Pot Pasta, both from Rockridge Press. A single mother to two kids in middle school, Sarah loves nightly family dinners, juicy tomatoes plucked fresh from the vine and lazy days on the beach. She also adores reading and traveling.