- 1 15- oz can garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- 1/2 lemon, juiced and zested
- 5 cloves roasted garlic
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- salt, to taste
- Combine all ingredients in a food processor and process until ultra-smooth. Season with salt, to taste. Serve with veggies or crackers for dipping.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to a week.
- Optional: Dress your hummus up with a drizzle of walnut oil and a sprinkle of crushed red pepper.
Sarah Walker Caron is a cookbook author, freelance writer and founder of Sarah’s Cucina Bella. She is the author of several cookbooks including The Super Easy 5-Ingredient Cookbook and One-Pot Pasta, both from Rockridge Press. A single mother to two kids in middle school, Sarah loves nightly family dinners, juicy tomatoes plucked fresh from the vine and lazy days on the beach. She also adores reading and traveling.