- 1 pint grape tomatoes
- 2-3 cloves garlic, minced
- kosher salt
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 4-5 sprigs thyme
- ricotta cheese
- 1/2 loaf French bread cut into 1/4 inch slices, approximately
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. Rinse the tomatoes in cool water, drain and add to an oval baking dish. Sprinkle with minced garlic and salt and drizzle with olive oil. Toss the sprigs of thyme into the dish and give it a good shake to distribute the seasonings.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, until the tomatoes burst when touched with a spoon. With a firm hand, crush all the tomatoes.
- Meanwhile, spread ricotta cheese, to taste, onto each of the French bread slices (you will need as many slices as tomatoes -- roughly 30-35). Then spoon a tomato and a little of the juice from the baking dish on top. Arrange on a serving plate.
Sarah Walker Caron is a cookbook author, freelance writer and founder of Sarah’s Cucina Bella. She is the author of several cookbooks including The Super Easy 5-Ingredient Cookbook and One-Pot Pasta, both from Rockridge Press. A single mother to two kids in middle school, Sarah loves nightly family dinners, juicy tomatoes plucked fresh from the vine and lazy days on the beach. She also adores reading and traveling.