- 1 lb flounder fillets, thin fillets -- about 1/4 inch thick
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2-3 cloves garlic, minced
- 4-5 sprigs fresh thyme, one for each fillet
- sea salt
- lemon wedges
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Spray a 9x13-inch glass baking dish with cooking oil spray. Rinse the flounder under cool water and arrange in the pan.
- Whisk together the olive oil and garlic. Then pour over the flounder. Place a spring of thyme on each piece of flounder.
- Salt, to taste, with sea salt.
- Slide the baking dish into the preheated oven and bake for 12-15 minutes, until the fish flakes easily with a fork.
- Serve immediately with lemon wedges.
Love this recipe?Check out my cookbook, The Super Easy 5-Ingredient Cookbook, from Rockridge Press. It’s all about cooking well, easily and simply. It’s filled with easy, accessible recipes that the whole family will love. We’re talking one-pan, 30-minute and no-cook recipes for every meal of the day.
Sarah Walker Caron is a cookbook author, freelance writer and founder of Sarah’s Cucina Bella. She is the author of several cookbooks including The Super Easy 5-Ingredient Cookbook and One-Pot Pasta, both from Rockridge Press. A single mother to two kids in middle school, Sarah loves nightly family dinners, juicy tomatoes plucked fresh from the vine and lazy days on the beach. She also adores reading and traveling.