- 3/4 cup farro, raw
- 2 1/3 cups water
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 plum tomatoes, cut into a 1/4-inch dice
- 3 leeks, sliced into 1/4-inch rings and rinsed well
- 1 can quartered artichoke hearts, drained
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 tbsp freshly chopped parsley
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, stir together the farro, water and salt. Bring to a boil. Then cover, reduce heat to medium-low and cook for 50-60 minutes, until tender. Drain any remaining water.
- Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- In a large, round casserole, stir together the tomatoes, leeks and artichoke hearts. Season with salt and pepper. Then bake for 20 minutes. Stir well, then back for 15-20 minutes until the leeks are translucent and dish is lightly browned.
- Stir together the farro and the vegetable mixture. Stir in the parsley and adjust seasoning to taste. Serve.
Sarah Walker Caron is a cookbook author, freelance writer and founder of Sarah’s Cucina Bella. She is the author of several cookbooks including The Super Easy 5-Ingredient Cookbook and One-Pot Pasta, both from Rockridge Press. A single mother to two kids in middle school, Sarah loves nightly family dinners, juicy tomatoes plucked fresh from the vine and lazy days on the beach. She also adores reading and traveling.