- 1 cup finely packed fresh kale leaves, stems removed (washed, of course)
- 2-3 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- Add the kale leaves, garlic, olive oil, red wine vinegar, salt, black pepper and crushed red pepper flakes to the bowl of a food processor. Process on high until the kale is chopped into uniformly small pieces. Scrape down the sides of the bowl and process again, until the garlic is chopped finely.
- This sauce is great on chicken, fish or beef. It also can be used to make a delicious tomato caprese salad with halved cherry tomatoes and cubed fresh mozzarella.
Sarah Walker Caron is a cookbook author, freelance writer and founder of Sarah’s Cucina Bella. She is the author of several cookbooks including The Super Easy 5-Ingredient Cookbook and One-Pot Pasta, both from Rockridge Press. A single mother to two kids in middle school, Sarah loves nightly family dinners, juicy tomatoes plucked fresh from the vine and lazy days on the beach. She also adores reading and traveling.