A Little Help for the Holidays from Kraft: Psst! You can also save on this recipe — there’s up to $20 in savings with coupons redeemable exclusively at Target. Visit the Target coupons page to see how you can save!
- 1 container part skim ricotta cheese
- 1 tbsp dried basil
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 lb sweet or mild Italian sausage, loose sausage preferred, browned and crumbled
- 2-2 1/2 cups marinara sauce
- 1 1/2-2 cups Kraft Italian Five Cheese Blend
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- In a small bowl, stir together the ricotta cheese, basil, salt and pepper. Set aside.
- In a round casserole dish, spread half of the ricotta mixture in the bottom. Top with half of the sausage, marinara sauce and Italian Cheese blend. Repeat the layers a second time. Cover with buttered aluminum foil (butter side down).
- Slide the casserole into the oven and bake for 20 minutes, and then remove the foil. Bake for an additional 5-10 minutes, until hot and bubbly. Serve with bread.
Hint: Depending on the size of your casserole dish, you will use less or more of the marinara and cheese.
From shopping for gifts to planning family dinners, it’s hard to keep up with all your holiday to-do’s. This year, Kraft is helping out with great weeknight meals and entertaining ideas to make the season a little bit easier. Plus, Kraft is offering up to $20 in coupons, redeemable exclusively at Target, to make food shopping easier and to help you have a happy holiday season. This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Kraft. The opinions and text are all mine.
Sarah Walker Caron is a cookbook author, freelance writer and founder of Sarah’s Cucina Bella. She is the author of several cookbooks including The Super Easy 5-Ingredient Cookbook and One-Pot Pasta, both from Rockridge Press. A single mother to two kids in middle school, Sarah loves nightly family dinners, juicy tomatoes plucked fresh from the vine and lazy days on the beach. She also adores reading and traveling.