Lasagna lovers will go crazy for this fabulous Cheesy Sausage Lasagna Dip Recipe — a perfect appetizer for holiday parties. This recipe was created for Kraft, but all opinions are my own.
If there was an official food of our family, it would be lasagna. It’s the go-to dish for many family gatherings and celebrations. It’s requested, devoured and always remembered. And each of us makes it a little differently. My mom’s is filled with mushrooms, spinach and ground beef. But me? I like my lasagna extra cheesy and dotted with flavorful Italian sausage.
It adds a little something extra, don’t you think?
So this dip recipe? It’s going to be a family favorite. I can just feel it. In fact, when my husband and children got a taste of it, they totally devoured it — a good sign, for sure.
Cheesy Sausage Lasagna Dip is like lasagna without all the noodles. Layers of seasoned ricotta cheese, sausage, sauce and mozzarella cheese are cooked together to create a hot, bubbly, delicious delicious dip (actually, it’s more spread than dip) that is delicious spooned onto warm slices of ciabatta bread, crackers, or similar. It takes just minutes to throw together and then just needs to warm up before serving — easy peasy.
Now, who wants a bite?
A Little Help for the Holidays from Kraft: Psst! You can also save on this recipe — there’s up to $20 in savings with coupons redeemable exclusively at Target. Visit the Target coupons page to see how you can save!
Cheesy Sausage Lasagna Dip Recipe
- 1 container part skim ricotta cheese
- 1 tbsp dried basil
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 lb sweet or mild Italian sausage loose sausage preferred, browned and crumbled
- 2-2 1/2 cups marinara sauce
- 1 1/2-2 cups Kraft Italian Five Cheese Blend
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- In a small bowl, stir together the ricotta cheese, basil, salt and pepper. Set aside.
- In a round casserole dish, spread half of the ricotta mixture in the bottom. Top with half of the sausage, marinara sauce and Italian Cheese blend. Repeat the layers a second time. Cover with buttered aluminum foil (butter side down).
- Slide the casserole into the oven and bake for 20 minutes, and then remove the foil. Bake for an additional 5-10 minutes, until hot and bubbly. Serve with bread.
From shopping for gifts to planning family dinners, it’s hard to keep up with all your holiday to-do’s. This year, Kraft is helping out with great weeknight meals and entertaining ideas to make the season a little bit easier. Plus, Kraft is offering up to $20 in coupons, redeemable exclusively at Target, to make food shopping easier and to help you have a happy holiday season.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Kraft. The opinions and text are all mine.
Sarah Walker Caron is a cookbook author, freelance writer and founder of Sarah’s Cucina Bella. She is the author of several cookbooks including The Super Easy 5-Ingredient Cookbook and One-Pot Pasta, both from Rockridge Press. A single mother to two kids in middle school, Sarah loves nightly family dinners, juicy tomatoes plucked fresh from the vine and lazy days on the beach. She also adores reading and traveling.