Back to school is nearing! These 21 recipes for bars, bites and breakfast cookies are perfect for filling lunch boxes this fall.
Teachers here are starting to set up their classrooms. The school offices are open again, after a month-long summer hiatus. Principals are reporting for duty too, and the bus schedule has even been announced. This can mean only one thing: back to school is nearing.
It’s time to start shopping for fresh school supplies and clothes — is there anything better than never-before-used pens, the smell of pristine unused looseleaf and a crisp box of perfectly sharpened crayons? And what will the kids wear on the ever-important first day of school? And oh my, how much have their feet grown?
But that’s not all. It’s also time to start thinking of what to pack in the lunch boxes for lunches and snacks this year. There are probably some things you’ve always packed that will certainly be part of the rotation — yogurt and applesauce, perhaps, or maybe cheese and crackers. But it’s also great to switch things up with new and fresh things.
Enter homemade granola bars, energy bites and breakfast cookies. These can be a great option for snacks and lunches because they are so wholesome and filling — perfect for fueling lots of learning at school. Here are 21 recipes for homemade bars, bites and breakfast cookies perfect for lunch boxes.
Which one will you try first?
- Easy Crispy Fruit and Nut Granola Bars recipe on Sarah’s Cucina Bella
- Easy Chewy Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Granola Bars recipe on Sarah’s Cucina Bella
- Chewy Cinnamon Roll Granola Bars recipe on With Salt and Wit
- No-Bake Peanut Butter Banana Chocolate Chip Granola Bars recipe on Nutmeg Nanny
- Triple Chocolate Granola Bars recipe on Delish Knowledge
- Vegan PBJ Granola Bars recipe on Delish Knowledge
- Baked Oatmeal Apricot Snack Bars recipe on Fannetastic Food
- No Bake Coconut Cranberry Energy Bites recipe on A Cedar Spoon
- Oatmeal Raisin Energy Bites recipe on Fannetastic Food
- No Bake Almond Coconut Snack Bites recipe on Belly Full
- Lemon and Blueberry Energy Bites recipe on Better with Cake
- Mango Energy Bites recipe on Minimalist Baker
- Peanut Butter Pretzel Energy Bites recipe on A Pinch of Yum
- Dark Chocolate Cherry Energy Bites recipe on A Sweet Pea Chef
- One Bowl Chia Seed Peanut Butter Banana Breakfast Cookies recipe on With Salt and Wit
- One Bowl Breakfast Cookies recipe on Jessica in the Kitchen
- One Bowl Berry Oatmeal Breakfast Cookies recipe on Cotter Crunch
- Carrot Quinoa Oatmeal Breakfast Cookies recipe on Love & Lemons
- Harvest Breakfast Cookies recipe on Ellie Krieger
- Blueberry Breakfast Cookies recipe on How Sweet It Is
- Mix and Match Breakfast Cookies recipe on Oh My Veggies
Sarah Walker Caron is a cookbook author, freelance writer and founder of Sarah’s Cucina Bella. She is the author of several cookbooks including The Super Easy 5-Ingredient Cookbook and One-Pot Pasta, both from Rockridge Press. A single mother to two kids in middle school, Sarah loves nightly family dinners, juicy tomatoes plucked fresh from the vine and lazy days on the beach. She also adores reading and traveling.