- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 spring onion or shallot, quartered and thinly sliced
- 1 chicken breast, cubed (about 1/3 lb)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 cup thinly sliced sundried tomatoes, (not packed in oil)
- 1 lb Barilla Organic Spaghetti Pasta
- 1 jar Barilla Traditional Pesto Sauce
- Fill your pasta pot with water and set over high heat. Bring to a boil.
- At the same time, heat the olive oil in a large skillet set over medium heat. Add the spring onion or shallot and cook, stirring frequently, until golden brown.
- Meanwhile, toss the chicken with the salt, pepper and garlic powder. Add to the pan and cook, stirring frequently, until browned. Transfer to a large mixing bowl. Add the sundried tomatoes.
- The water should be boiling now. Cook the pasta according to package directions. Once cooked, thoroughly drain the pasta and add to the mixing bowl. Toss well.
- Pour the pesto over the pasta and toss well.
- Serve immediately.
Sarah Walker Caron is a cookbook author, freelance writer and founder of Sarah’s Cucina Bella. She is the author of several cookbooks including The Super Easy 5-Ingredient Cookbook and One-Pot Pasta, both from Rockridge Press. A single mother to two kids in middle school, Sarah loves nightly family dinners, juicy tomatoes plucked fresh from the vine and lazy days on the beach. She also adores reading and traveling.