Sweet leftover bananas lend great flavor to this quick and easy Blueberry Banana Muffins recipe. Bake a batch today!
There’s something so satisfying about baking. It’s chemistry, so you start with items that only when mixed together in a certain way can produce the result you want. And the result is often delicious, which helps too.
The older I get, the more I appreciate this about baking. And it makes it so much more special when I do.
Honestly, I wish I had more time to bake though.
Fortunately, quick and easy recipes for things like these Blueberry Banana Muffins make it a cinch to bake so when I can find a moment.
Overripe bananas are given new life in these muffins, their distinctive flavor surrounding the big, bursting berries. Mashed and mixed in, the bananas don’t go to waste when you bake with them
Making Blueberry Banana Muffins is a simple feat. You start with the mashed bananas. All it takes is the tongs of a fork to make the puree come together. Oil, sugar and eggs are whisked together. Mashed banana is added. Dry ingredients are folded in. Blueberries and vanilla extract finish it off. Then it’s time to divide the batter between muffin cups. Easy peasy.
Here’s my hint for filling muffin cups: Use a large cookie scoop. It makes quick work of it and ensures they are evenly filled.
Then it’s on to baking. Give these muffins long enough to get golden on top, but not so long that they dry out. They’ll be perfect this way.
Finally, try not to eat them all in one sitting.
But if you do, we won’t blame you.
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 4 medium-size overripe bananas, mashed
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup frozen blueberries
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Heat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Line 12 muffin cups with liners. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the oil, sugar and eggs. Add the mashed banana and whisk well to combine.
- To the bowl, add the flour, baking powder, salt and cinnamon. Fold together until just combined.
- Add the blueberries and vanilla extract. Stir to combine.
- Divide the batter evenly among the muffin cups. I use a large cookie scoop to make this step super easy.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until a cake tester inserted in the center of a muffin comes out without batter clinging to it. The muffins should be golden brown on top.
- Remove from the oven and cool slightly before eating.