Easy to make and packed with flavor, this Warm Lobster Wrap with Avocado is a lovely lunch to enjoy with a friend.
There’s a misconception that those who live in Maine eat lobster every meal of the day. Sometimes I wonder if people picture us cracking open shells with our morning coffee or keeping private lobster tanks in our kitchens.
Of course, we could eat lobster for every meal if we wanted to. Lobster Benedict is a lovely treat. Lobster Salad, Lobster Poke Bowls and of course the class lobster dipped in drawn butter are wonderful too. And then there’s Lobster Newberg, Lobster Risotto, Lobster Stuffed Mushrooms, Lobster Stuffing and Lobster Fried Rice.
Heck, if you dine out, you will find so many ways lobster is incorporated into meals too. Lobster ice cream, anyone?
But even in Maine, lobster is a pricey treat for special occasions. Sure, it’s less pricey than elsewhere, but that still doesn’t make it an everyday thing — or something that everyone wants to enjoy. And, not to mention, taking the meat out of a lobster is not the easiest task. It takes patience and time and willingness to get messy.
If you are willing to do so, consider the possibilities. If you were to, say, make a couple lobster and pick them clean, you could save that meat (freeze it even) and defrost it when you are ready to dig into something delightful. Something that celebrates the lobster without using an entire stick of butter. Something that will be so satisfying.
Warm, buttery lobster. Cool creamy avocado. Juicy, sweet tomatoes. Crisp lettuce. Bright basil. There’s so much to enjoy in this easy, decadent Warm Lobster Wrap with Avocado. There’s so much to enjoy here.
The key to this divine lobster wrap is the layering of flavors and textures. Soft avocado and lobster meet crisp lettuce and juicy tomatoes. The variety is what elevates the mouthfeel and makes this a total treat.
But don’t just take my word for it. Make your own Warm Lobster Wrap with Avocado today. Or whenever you’re up for picking a lobster clean for a good meal.
- 2 burrito-sized wraps
- 1 avocado, pitted, peeled and sliced
- 2 teaspoons unsalted butter
- 1 lobster, cooked and meat picked out
- pinch or two of kosher salt
- 2 slices romaine lettuce
- 1/2 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- Lay the wraps on plates or a cutting board. Top each with half of the avocado.
- Chop the lobster meat into bite-sized pieces.
- In a small saute pan, melt the butter over medium heat. Add the lobster meat. Season with salt. Heat, stirring for 3-5 minutes, until warm. Divide evenly among the wraps.
- Top each wrap with half of the lettuce and half of the tomatoes.
- Tuck the ends of the wraps in and roll to seal. Cut each wrap in half.
- Enjoy immediately.