Looking for a great baked cod recipe? Baked Lemon Herb Cod is a quick and easy recipe with rich results. This is one to make again and again.
Sometimes, you taste something – just a little bite of it – and it blows you away. That was the case with this dish. It was rich, buttery even (although there is no butter in the recipe) and absolutely mouthwatering. It was one of those things that the kids devoured so fast that I did a double take. Really, it was just that good.
The fish itself? It was good and had a nice flavor. That alone? Not amazing. But the pan sauce that you drizzle over everything? That was what made it spectacular (insert fireworks here).
I used thin wild-caught cod fillets that were on sale at my local grocery store. I served it with Basmati Rice Medley from Trader Joe’s (love that!). It would go really well with a side of roasted broccoli. This meal — including rice and a veg — can be made for well under $10. High flavor at a low cost? Love it.
- 1 lb cod fillets
- 1½ tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed and minced
- 1 tsp fresh thyme, lightly chopped
- sea salt
- Sweet Hungarian Paprika
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Get out a 9×13 glass baking dish.
- Rinse the cod fillets under cool water and place in the baking dish. Drizzle with lemon juice and olive oil. Then sprinkle with garlic, thyme, salt, pepper and paprika. Try to divide the seasonings as equally as possible between the fish.
- Bake for 13-17 minutes until the flesh is opaque in color. Serve with rice, spooning the juices from the pan over the fish and rice.