Broccoli and garlic with feta are a tasty match. And in this easy roasted broccoli recipe, the bold flavors mix and mingle in delightful harmony.
Sunday was a wild, busy day. We spent the morning outside, then rushed off to a family lunch, ran some errands, rushed home, the kids ate dinner and then it was off to my son Will’s track practice.
By the time we got home for the evening, it was late and time for the tired children to go to bed. In short order, they were rushed off to bed, read short books and tucked in.
Once that was all done, I had a second to just stop. In the rush to feed the kids at a decent hour before track, I didn’t take the time to feed myself. And I was hungry.
And it was in that hunger that I first made this recipe featuring broccoli and garlic and feta. It was light but satisfying. The smokiness of roasted broccoli pairs so well with the toasty garlic and browned, briny feta. Yum.
Plus, it was so easy — just mix and roast.
Sometimes you just need super easy recipes, right?
And I liked it so much that I made Roasted Broccoli with Garlic and Feta again the next day for everyone to enjoy at dinnertime. Will loved it.
My daughter Paige? Not so much. But I also understand why: she’s not a fan of feta, so this wasn’t the dish for her. And that’s okay. Not every dish is going to be for everyone.
This one is for anyone who does like broccoli and garlic and feta. If you do, then you will love this. Roasted broccoli is a wonderful thing.
What’s your favorite veggie to roast?
- 3-4 cups broccoli florets
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- kosher salt
- 3 cloves garlic, , minced
- 2 heaping tbsp crumbled feta cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Spread the broccoli out on the baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil. Sprinkle with salt, pepper and garlic and toss to combine.
- Bake the broccoli for 10 minutes. Remove from the oven and sprinkle with the feta cheese. Return to the oven and bake for 5-7 minutes, until lightly browned and tender.