Sunday was a wild, busy day. We spent the morning outside, then rushed off to a family lunch, ran some errands, rushed home, the kids ate dinner and then it was off to Will’s track practice. By the time we got home for the evening, it was late and time for the tired children to go to bed. In short order, they were rushed off to bed, read short books and tucked in.
Once that was all done, I had a second to just stop. In the rush to feed the kids at a decent hour and before track, I didn’t take the time to feed myself. And I was hungry. Obviously.
And it was in that hunger that I first made this recipe. It was light but satisfying. The smokiness of roasted broccoli went so well with the toasty garlic and browned feta. Yum. And I liked it so much that I made it again the next day for everyone to enjoy at dinnertime. Will loved it. Paige and Shawn? Not so much.
If you like broccoli and garlic and feta … which are basically the only ingredients … then you will love this. I swear.
What’s your favorite veggie to roast?
Roasted Broccoli with Garlic and Feta
- 3-4 cups broccoli florets
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- kosher salt
- 3 cloves garlic , minced
- 2 heaping tbsp crumbled feta cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Spread the broccoli out on the baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil. Sprinkle with salt, pepper and garlic and toss to combine.
- Bake the broccoli for 10 minutes. Remove from the oven and sprinkle with the feta cheese. Return to the oven and bake for 5-7 minutes, until lightly browned and tender.
Sarah Walker Caron is a cookbook author, freelance writer and founder of Sarah’s Cucina Bella. She is the author of several cookbooks including The Super Easy 5-Ingredient Cookbook and One-Pot Pasta, both from Rockridge Press. A single mother to two kids in middle school, Sarah loves nightly family dinners, juicy tomatoes plucked fresh from the vine and lazy days on the beach. She also adores reading and traveling.