The year is nearly over. With the kids off from school this week, we’ve been taking it easy and enjoying all our new toys (yes, me too!).
These 10 recipes were the top-viewed new recipes in 2010. The list includes only those that were new to the site this year, and was compiled based on my site statistics. Enjoy!
- Easy Daikon Salad – This year, I spent a lot of time trying vegetables I hadn’t before. But I was totally shocked to discover that daikon radishes weren’t a new veggie, but rather one that I’ve been eating for at least a decade (without knowing the name). This sweet, crisp salad is awesome served with a flavorful marinated chicken breast.
- Balsamic Roasted Green Beans – Roasting brings out a fabulous flavor in most veggies, and these green beans — cooked with an olive oil-balsamic flavoring — are no exception.
- Homemade Ketchup – This delicious Homemade Ketchup is fabulous on big, juicy burgers. Try it.
- Whole Wheat Biscuit – These tender, layered biscuits made frequent appearances on our table last winter.
- Greek Chicken Salad Sandwiches – Mayonnaise doesn’t rank high on my “like” list, so I set out to make a chicken salad that didn’t call for the dreaded mayo. This salad is filled with chicken, feta, olives and more and stuffed into a pita.
- Salted Toffee Chocolate Squares – When I spied this recipe in Everyday Food, I had to make it. These squares are an amazing, layered treat with chocolate, toffee, almonds and more.
- Grilled Marinated Steak Skewers – This is one of those quintessential summer recipes — a sweet-tangy marinade for steak skewers that creates amazing, juicy bits of beef straight from the grill. Yum.
- Crunchy Chicken – Juicy chicken with a garlicky crust of cornflakes? Yes, please.
- Salmon Cakes – Easy, fast and delicious, these little salmon cakes make a fabulous appetizer.
- Chocolate -Covered S’mores Grahams – This recipe is perfect for cooking up with your kids. Graham crackers are spread with marshmallow fluff and then dipped in chocolate. Delish.