Seeking the best chicken drumstick recipe? This Crunchy Oven Fried Chicken recipe can’t be beat — it’s full of flavor and so easy too.
There is something amazing about biting into the crispy coating of fried chicken. It crunches between your teeth, revealing layers of flavors. It’s salty and wonderful.
Before you know it, you’re biting into hot, juicy chicken, just below the skin. Well, at least I hope it’s juicy. I’ve had a lot of flavorless meat on fried chicken in my day. Haven’t you?
But this recipe for Crunchy Oven Fried Chicken always creates flavorful, juicy meat. It’s reliable — a sure thing.
Seriously, this is the best chicken drumstick recipe: crispy and packed with flavor inside and out.
In 2010, I am focusing a lot on healthy, budget-friendly dishes. Chicken drumsticks are a very economical choice for protein. And kids love them — handheld foods are always a delight.
Also, since these are baked, this is also a lighter version of fried chicken. Don’t worry … only a portion of the 2 tablespoons of butter actually makes it onto the chicken.
Save this recipe. Crunchy Oven Fried Chicken is perfect for a night when you are craving comfort food … but not willing to break your healthy resolutions.
- 2 cups corn flake cereal
- 3 tbsp chopped fresh parsley, , divided
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter, , melted
- 1 tbsp skim milk
- 1 tsp garlic salt
- 4 chicken drumsticks, (about 1 1/3 lbs)
- cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 425ºF. Spray an oven-safe 13x9x2 inch pan with cooking oil spray.
- Place the cereal in a resealable bag and crush with a rolling pin. Add 2 tbsp parsley and the paprika to the bag and shake to incorporate. Set aside.
- Melt the butter in a small skillet. Remove from burner and let cool for a few minutes. Then, whisk in the milk, 1 tbsp parsley and garlic salt. Wash and pat dry the chicken. Then, roll it in the butter mixture. Transfer chicken pieces to the resealable bag and shake until well-coated (do then all at once -- it's easiest). Place the chicken into the prepared pan. Spray lightly with cooking oil spray.
- Slide the pan into the preheated oven and bake for 40-50 minutes, until the chicken is cooked through.