Looking at this photo makes me wish I was making these again tonight. YUM.
A bee has been trapped between one of my kitchen windows and the screen since early this morning when Paige and Will spotted it. We have no idea how it got into the house, and I have no clue what to do to let it go without letting it in. Figures, since it’s a hot-as-can-be day. One where I would love to run barefooted across the lawn and through the sprinkler that is currently watering my newly-planted vegetable garden.
If there was a textbook definition of “grilling day,” this would totally be it.
When it comes to grilling (or cooking anything in hot weather, for that matter), fast, easy and fuss-free are musts. I mean seriously, who wants to fiddle around with burners and long, drawn-out processes when the temperatures rise like this?
This Grilled Marinated Steak Skewers recipe is all of that. It’s fast; the marinade takes seconds to make and then the meat just sits until it’s time to skewer and cook it. Easy peasy.
If you make this, serve it with some rice, a salad and an easy veggie. For hot and steamy days, the premade frozen rice available at many major supermarkets and stores like Trader Joe’s is a total lifesaver. I’ll be stocking up for summer.
Need some good grilling tips? Check out Tips for Better Grilling on Tablespoon – I asked experts for help on some common grilling issues, and their advice is great.
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 cup pineapple juice
- 3 tbsp low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1 lb sirloin, cut into 1" chunks
- Whisk together the olive oil, pineapple juice, soy sauce, garlic, ginger and pepper in a small bowl.
- Combine the sirloin chunks and marinade in a large, resealable bag. Seal and let marinate in the refrigerator for 1-2 hours.
- For roughly 30 minutes before it's time to cook, soak four wooden skewers in water.
- Preheat the grill on its medium setting. Just before cooking, remove the skewers from the water and divide the meat evenly among them.
- Cook the skewers on the grill, flipping once, to desired doneness.