Note: This recipe is part of a sponsored series created for Fiber One.
I. Love. Fruit salad. Love it. And in the summer, I will often trade a green salad for a fruit salad with dinner — something that my husband thinks is a little odd, but that my kids enjoy.
Fruit salad is also a favorite for me for breakfasts, since it’s so refreshing.
Are you a fan too?
Next time you want to whip up a quick fruit salad, try this spin on it: Top it with something crunchy — like cereal — just before serving (that’s key — otherwise the crunchy bits will get soggy). It really adds new dimension to this classic dish.
Chocolate Crunch Fruit Salad
Give your fruit salad a crunchy makeover with a fun mix-in. This recipe was created by Sarah W. Caron for Fiber One.
- 2 cups fresh strawberries, diced
- 1 cup halved red seedless grapes
- 1 plum, diced
- 1/4 cup Fiber One 80 Calories – Chocolate Squares
- In a large bowl, stir together the strawberries, grapes and plum. Cover and chill for at least 30 minutes.
- Serve with Fiber One 80 Calories – Chocolate Squares for sprinkling (about 2 tablespoons per serving).
© Sarah W. Caron and Sarah's Cucina Bella, 2005-2012.
Disclosure: I was compensated by Fiber One for creating this recipe. All opinions are my own.
Category: Breakfasts, Camping Food, Fruit, picnic food, Quick and Easy Recipes, Recipes, Reviews, Contests and More, salad
Sarah W. Caron is a freelance writer, editor and recipe developer. Her work has appeared in countless online and print publications including iVillage, BELLA NYC Magazine, Yum for Kids magazine and more. She lives in Connecticut with her two kids, two beagles and husband.