Note: This recipe is part of a sponsored series created for Fiber One.
I. Love. Fruit salad. Love it. And in the summer, I will often trade a green salad for a fruit salad with dinner — something that my husband thinks is a little odd, but that my kids enjoy.
Fruit salad is also a favorite for me for breakfasts, since it’s so refreshing.
Are you a fan too?
Next time you want to whip up a quick fruit salad, try this spin on it: Top it with something crunchy — like cereal — just before serving (that’s key — otherwise the crunchy bits will get soggy). It really adds new dimension to this classic dish.
Chocolate Crunch Fruit Salad
Give your fruit salad a crunchy makeover with a fun mix-in. This recipe was created by Sarah W. Caron for Fiber One.
- 2 cups fresh strawberries, diced
- 1 cup halved red seedless grapes
- 1 plum, diced
- 1/4 cup Fiber One 80 Calories – Chocolate Squares
- In a large bowl, stir together the strawberries, grapes and plum. Cover and chill for at least 30 minutes.
- Serve with Fiber One 80 Calories – Chocolate Squares for sprinkling (about 2 tablespoons per serving).
© Sarah W. Caron and Sarah's Cucina Bella, 2005-2012.
Disclosure: I was compensated by Fiber One for creating this recipe. All opinions are my own.
Category: Breakfasts, Camping Food, Fruit, picnic food, Quick and Easy Recipes, Recipes, Reviews, Contests and More, salad