Creamy peanut butter and chocolate tango together with juicy, sweet strawberries in this quick and easy recipe for a Peanut Butter, Strawberry And Chocolate Wrap.
Alright. I decided to do something really nice for my stepson today, since it’s just he, Will and I at home. So I devised a quick recipe to use up the last of my strawberries and take advantage of the load of chocolate I mentioned.
So what I came up with was a peanut butter, strawberry, chocolate wrap. And it’s so good, in fact, that I am going to use it for Sweetnick’s ARF/5-a-Day on Tuesday. Chocolate is rich in antioxidants, as are strawberries.
Unfortunately, the stepson proceeded to inform me that he doesn’t like chocolate. But hey, more for me!
- 1 small, 8 inch flour tortilla
- 1 tbsp peanut butter
- two large strawberries, hulled and sliced
- 2 tbsp water
- 1 oz bittersweet chocolate
- 1/4 tsp confectioners sugar
- Spread the peanut butter down the center of the tortilla and top with sliced strawberries. Place in a medium frying pan and heat over medium for 2-3 minutes.
- In a small saucepan, combine water, chocolate and confectioners sugar. Stir until chocolate is melted. Remove from heat and drizzle chocolate over the strawberries.
- Wrap up two sides of the tortilla to cover the center, and hold for 5 seconds to set.
- Cut in half and serve.
Sarah Walker Caron is a cookbook author, freelance writer and founder of Sarah’s Cucina Bella. She is the author of several cookbooks including The Super Easy 5-Ingredient Cookbook and One-Pot Pasta, both from Rockridge Press. A single mother to two kids in middle school, Sarah loves nightly family dinners, juicy tomatoes plucked fresh from the vine and lazy days on the beach. She also adores reading and traveling.