Fresh broccoli is sauteed with meaty mushrooms in this easy side dish recipe, Sauteed Broccoli with Mushrooms.
We try to eat well — or, at least my son Will and I do. I’m working on knocking off baby weight and he is a baby, so it’s kind of a priority.
This dish helps us do that. Lightly sauteed broccoli joins meaty, flavorful sauteed mushrooms for a delightful dish. I enjoyed it with some glazed beets as well.
Well, it’s Tuesday again (funny how it comes around every week, isn’t it?). And that means that it is time for Sweetnick’s ARF/5-A-Day Tuesday. If you haven’t heard of it, check it out. Cate from Sweetnicks challenges bloggers and readers to up our fruit and veggie intake and get in those powerful antioxidant-rich foods.
She also posts a roundup of participating blog posts at the end of the day, and it’s always has a myriad of yummy recipes too.
This week, I created a sauteed veggie dish that pairs wonderfully with rice.
Who says vegetarian cooking can’t be high flavor and super tasty?
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, , minced
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 1.5 cups baby bella mushrooms, , chopped
- 4 cups broccoli, , washed and chopped
- 1 tsp dried rosemary
- ½ tsp dried savory
- In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat and add garlic. Sauté for one minute and then add the lime juice and chopped baby bellas. Continue sautéing for an additional three minutes, stirring frequently.
- Stir in broccoli, rosemary and savory and cover. Cook for 3-5 minutes, until broccoli is just tender.