I love this salad. I love this salad. I love this salad.
Should I say it one more time? I think so.
I love this salad.
All in all, this can be made in about 20 minutes (as long as you get the egg and the asparagus going at the same time), perfect for lunch if you are near a kitchen. Or you can make it ahead and assemble just before eating. Either way, it’s delish and can be eaten warm or cold.
But what about the flavor? The fresh asparagus, roasted until ever so slightly sweet and tender, is fantastic with the creamy egg and salty feta. And the drizzle of Caesar makes the whole thing magical. You could double the dressing if you really want to, but I prefer to keep the dressing light.
So, where do you start? Make the egg.
- 1 lb asparagus, , ends snapped off
- olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 2 hard boiled eggs, (see above), chopped
- 2 tbsp crumbled feta cheese
- 2 tbsp Caesar dressing, , divided
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil. Spread the asparagus out in a single layer. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Bake the asparagus for 12-15 minutes until tips start to brown. Remove from oven
- Arrange half of the asparagus on a plate. Top with half of the chopped egg and 1 tbsp of feta. Drizzle with Caesar dressing. Repeat on a second plate with remaining ingredients.
- Serve immediately.
Sarah Walker Caron is a cookbook author, freelance writer and founder of Sarah’s Cucina Bella. She is the author of several cookbooks including The Super Easy 5-Ingredient Cookbook and One-Pot Pasta, both from Rockridge Press. A single mother to two kids in middle school, Sarah loves nightly family dinners, juicy tomatoes plucked fresh from the vine and lazy days on the beach. She also adores reading and traveling.