Subtle flavors of garlic and dill infuse radishes in this Grilled Radish Packets recipe. Slightly sweet, totally dilly and wonderful, the tender bits of radish goodness are great with fish, chicken, salads and more.
Growing up, I always picked radishes out of salads.
To me, they were a garnish that shouldn’t be consumed ever. The fierce peppery-ness just didn’t appeal to me at all.
But then, a few years ago, I tried Balsamic Sauteed Radishes and it was a complete revelation. The peppery taste of the little, hard, red roots was completely tamed by cooking and the balsamic added this fabulous sweetness to them.
For the past year or so, I have been looking for another way to cook radishes in a way that tames them but makes them flavorful too.
This Grilled Radish Packets recipe with dill, white wine vinegar, garlic, olive oil, salt and pepper is the result of my experiments — and it’s so, so good.
The subtle flavor that develops when the ingredients cook together in a foil packet is slightly sweet, totally dilly and wonderful. They are tender bits of radish goodness that go great with fish, chicken, salads and more.
Seal the ingredients in a foil packet and then grill about a half-hour. Careful when opening it, the steam will be serious. And then enjoy.
This is the grilled side dish you want to try this summer.
If you haven’t tried radishes cooked, then you need to. They are amazing and wildly underrated.
Grilled Radish Packets Recipe
- 1 bunch radishes, washed and sliced into 1/4 inch rounds
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- sea salt and pepper, to taste
- 3 sprigs fresh dill
- Preheat your grill. If using a gas grill, heat it to its medium setting.
- In a medium bowl, combine the radish slices, olive oil, white wine vinegar, garlic and salt and pepper. Toss to combine.
- Lay out a large sheet of aluminum foil (roughly 18-24 inches long). Pile the radish mixture in the center and top with the sprigs of dill.
- Fold the sides of the aluminum foil in to form a sealed packet. Place the packet on the grill, seam-side up and let cook for 20-30 minutes.
- Remove the packet from the grill and let rest for 5 minutes. Carefully open the packet, being careful of escaping steam. Transfer radishes to a serving dish.
- Serve immediately. Leftovers can be chilled and eaten cold as well.
25 Best Camping Recipes - Thrifty Jinxy
Tuesday 4th of August 2015
[…] Grilled Radish Packets Recipe […]
25 Surprising Foods You Can Grill, from Apple Pie to Ziti | Louisville Restaurants Blog
Wednesday 4th of June 2014
[…] More packets! These contain radishes, and we think it’s a pretty good idea—radishes get a little […]
Radishes with Butter Dressing Recipe | Leite's Culinaria
Saturday 9th of March 2013
[...] Grilled Dilled Radish Packets from Sarah’s Cucina Bella [...]
Friday 25th of May 2012
Thank you for providing this recipe. I linked to it in my blog post "10 radish recipes I want to try"- http://www.donteatthepaste.com/2012/05/10-radish-recipes-i-want-to-try.html
Wednesday 21st of July 2010
I don't think I've ever had a radish other than raw on a salad (which I wasn't a fan of and have avoided ever since), so maybe this is just the recipe to try. They look delicious!