- 2 slim eggplants, sliced into 1/4 inch slices
- 1 sweet onion, roughly chopped
- 1 sweet red pepper, cut into 1
- 2 large plum tomatoes, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 zucchini, sliced into 1/4 inch slices
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh basil
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- salt and pepper
- balsamic vinegar
- In a large bowl, stir together the eggplant, onion, red pepper, tomatoes, garlic, zucchini and basil. Drizzle with olive oil and salt and pepper well. Stir again.
- Lay out a large sheet of aluminum foil and spread the vegetable mixture in the center. Top with a second sheet of aluminum foil. Seal the edges tightly.
- Turn on your grill (if using a gas grill) and set to high heat. Place the foil pack on direct heat and cook for 35 minutes. If using a charcoal grill, cook a little longer to ensure that all the vegetables are tender.
- Transfer the vegetables to a serving bowl and drizzle with balsamic vinegar (just a couple tablespoons!). Stir well.
- Serve immediately.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 121 Total Fat: 9g Saturated Fat: 1g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 8g Cholesterol: 0mg Sodium: 45mg Carbohydrates: 9g Fiber: 2g Sugar: 6g Protein: 2g
Sarah Walker Caron is a cookbook author, freelance writer and founder of Sarah’s Cucina Bella. She is the author of several cookbooks including The Super Easy 5-Ingredient Cookbook and One-Pot Pasta, both from Rockridge Press. A single mother to two kids in middle school, Sarah loves nightly family dinners, juicy tomatoes plucked fresh from the vine and lazy days on the beach. She also adores reading and traveling.