- 2 cups diced fresh butternut squash, 1/4-inch dice
- olive oil spray
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground sweet paprika
- kosher salt, to taste
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 8 cups washed and torn romaine lettuce
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- dressing of your choice
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a baking sheet with nonstick aluminum foil. Spread the butternut squash over the baking sheet. Spray with olive oil spray. Sprinkle with the cinnamon, paprika and salt. Stir and toss gently to disperse the seasonings throughout.
- Bake for 22-25 minutes, stirring once, until the butternut squash is golden brown and tender.
- Meanwhile, in a small warmed skillet set over medium heat, toast the walnuts for 1-2 minutes, until warmed and slightly browned. Remove from heat.
- Arrange two cups of lettuce on each of four plates. Top with 1/4 of the butternut squash, toasted walnuts and dried cranberries. Drizzle with dressing, as desired.
- Serve immediately.
Sarah Walker Caron is a cookbook author, freelance writer and founder of Sarah’s Cucina Bella. She is the author of several cookbooks including The Super Easy 5-Ingredient Cookbook and One-Pot Pasta, both from Rockridge Press. A single mother to two kids in middle school, Sarah loves nightly family dinners, juicy tomatoes plucked fresh from the vine and lazy days on the beach. She also adores reading and traveling.