- 2 cups sweet baby lettuce
- 1/2 cup peeled, sliced and quartered cucumbers
- 1/2 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced roasted red peppers
- 1 slice bacon
- 1/4 cup shelled edamame, frozen is ok
- 4 oz grilled chicken breast, sliced
- extra virgin olive oil
- balsamic vinegar, best quality
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Arrange the lettuce, cucumbers, tomatoes and roasted red peppers in a large bowl.
- Heat a small skillet on the stove over medium heat. Add the bacon and cook till crisp. Remove the bacon to a paper towel lined plate and let cool. Add the edamame to the skillet and cook, shaking the pan occasionally for 3-4 minutes, until lightly browned.
- Crumble the bacon onto the salad. Top with edamame and chicken breast (hot or cold, it's your choice). Drizzle with olive oil and balsamic vinegar. Then sprinkle with salt and pepper.
Sarah Walker Caron is a cookbook author, freelance writer and founder of Sarah’s Cucina Bella. She is the author of several cookbooks including The Super Easy 5-Ingredient Cookbook and One-Pot Pasta, both from Rockridge Press. A single mother to two kids in middle school, Sarah loves nightly family dinners, juicy tomatoes plucked fresh from the vine and lazy days on the beach. She also adores reading and traveling.