I am a member of the Collective Bias® Social Fabric® Community. This shop and creation of a quick and easy recipe for Grilled Steak Bruschetta Tortellini has been compensated as part of a social shopper insights study for Collective Bias and their client.
Life as a family feels like a delicately arranged jigsaw puzzle. Scheduling things becomes a give and take of time, patience and strategy. It’s just the nature of it — we can’t all do exactly what we want, exactly when we want because that would be self-absorbed chaos. So we compromise, make it work and move forward. As someone who loves cooking, that means that I spend quite a bit of time compromising how I cook so that dinner can get on the table faster. That means that sometimes I have to skip the side dish that I know is perfect in favor of something that is ready faster. And that’s okay. All this is to say that quick family meals are an essential for us — especially in the fall and spring (aka soccer season).
That’s why I am constantly thinking about quick and easy recipes to make for easy meals.
Psst! Guess what? This fabulous Grilled Steak Bruschetta Tortellini recipe for four was ready in about 25 minutes, and was perfect with a salad and some crusty bread.
Grilled Steak Bruschetta Tortellini starts with … a grilled steak. Seasoned simply with salt and pepper, the flavor that a grill imparts on steak cannot be beat. While the steak is cooking, I heated water for tortellini on the stove. And then while the steak was resting, I cooked the tortellini and warmed the pan sauce.
The secret to this dish is the Kraft Recipe Makers kit I used. Though the kit is for Chicken Bruschetta Pasta, it was perfect for repurposing here. The sauces create a tangy tortellini dish that the whole family loved — and in record time. The whole thing, including cooking the steak, was complete in 25 minutes. Easy recipes like this are what make quick family meals feel special.
Back to the dish, once the pasta was drained and the steak sliced, everything went into the pan with the pan sauce and the bruschetta sauce. Heat it a little … and voila! Ready to serve.
It’s truly a quick and easy recipe. Truly delicious. And truly simple. A good trifecta.
I love how premade sauces can elevate a dish from simple to fabulous with minimal work. When you don’t have a lot of time to cook, something like this recipe helps a ton.
(In case you are wondering, Kraft Recipe Makers can be found in the pasta aisle — I found mine at Walmart.)
Grilled Steak Bruschetta Tortellini
- 3/4 sirloin steak about 1-inch thick
- salt and pepper to taste
- 12 oz fresh cheese tortellini or dried, if you prefer, but I make it with fresh
- 1 box Kraft Recipe Makers Chicken Bruschetta Pasta kit
- Preheat your grill to its medium setting, or prepare charcoals for grilling.
- Season the steak well on both sides with salt and pepper. Cook on the grill for 6-8 minutes, flipping once, to desired doneness. Let the steak sit for 10 minutes before slicing thinly.
- Meanwhile, cook the tortellini to al dente, per package instructions. Drain well.
- In a large skillet with a lid, heat on medium-low the Basil Garlic Simmer Sauce from the Kraft Recipe Makers Chicken Bruschetta Pasta kit until warm. Stir in the sliced steak and cooked tortellini. Top with the Chunky Bruschetta Finishing Sauce from the kit. Cover and let heat for 2-3 minutes.
Disclosure: I was compensated for this post but all opinions are my own.
‘); // ]]>
Sarah Walker Caron is a cookbook author, freelance writer and founder of Sarah’s Cucina Bella. She is the author of several cookbooks including The Super Easy 5-Ingredient Cookbook and One-Pot Pasta, both from Rockridge Press. A single mother to two kids in middle school, Sarah loves nightly family dinners, juicy tomatoes plucked fresh from the vine and lazy days on the beach. She also adores reading and traveling.