Psst? Want to win a $50 Visa gift card?Join me over on Pinterest, and you could win. Here’s the details: No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited. Open to US residents age 18 and older. This sweepstakes is sponsored by the Florida Sweet Corn Exchange in partnership with Kitchen PLAY. One prize of a $50 Visa gift card will be awarded randomly to one eligible entrant. To be eligible to win, reader must request to be added to the Sweet Corn Recipes Pinterest group board maintained by Sarah W. Caron of Sarah’s Cucina Bella, via the comments on this post. Once added to the group board, he/she must then add at least one pin featuring sweet corn to the group board during the sweepstakes period. (Pinning from the Florida Sweet Corn Pinterest board is allowed.) This promotion begins at 9:00 AM ET on 04/10/2014 and ends at 11:59 PM ET on 04/17/2014. Winner will be selected randomly on 04/20/2014 from all eligible entries and notified by email. Winner must provide shipping address within 48 hours of notification, at which time a new winner will be chosen randomly from all remaining eligible entries. Odds of winning depend on final number of eligible entries. Total value of prize is $50, and no cash will be awarded in exchange for the prize. Happy Pinning!
- 3 ears fresh Sunshine Sweet Corn, steamed until tender
- 1 cup black lentils, cooked according to package directions (these should still be hot)
- 1 cup baby kale
- 1 cup julienne cut carrots
- 2 lemons, juiced
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Kosher salt and black pepper, to taste
- Using a sharp knife or a corn zipper, remove the corn kernels from the cob. Transfer to a large mixing bowl. Add the hot cooked black lentils, baby kale and carrots. Stir well to combine.
- Drizzle with lemon juice and stir well to combine.
- In a small skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the garlic and cook until softened and fragrant – about one minute. Immediately pour over the corn and lentil mixture. Stir well.
- Season the salad with salt and pepper to desired flavor. Enjoy immediately, or chill until ready to serve.
Sarah Walker Caron is a cookbook author, freelance writer and founder of Sarah’s Cucina Bella. She is the author of several cookbooks including The Super Easy 5-Ingredient Cookbook and One-Pot Pasta, both from Rockridge Press. A single mother to two kids in middle school, Sarah loves nightly family dinners, juicy tomatoes plucked fresh from the vine and lazy days on the beach. She also adores reading and traveling.