- 2 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 3/4 cup dark brown sugar
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups chocolate chunks
- 1/2 lb Jones Dairy Farm Thick Cut Cherrywood Smoked Bacon, cooked and chopped
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. If desired, line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, sift together the flour, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream together the butter, brown sugar, granulated sugar and vanilla extract until light and fluffy. Add the eggs one at a time, running the mixer on medium-low.
- Reduce the speed to low and add the flour mixture a little at a time to the stand mixer, until just incorporated. Stir in the chocolate chunks and chopped bacon.
- Using a medium cookie scoop, droop the dough in balls onto the prepared cookie sheet. Bake for 8-10 minutes, until golden and cooked through. Remove from the oven and let sit for 2 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool.
Sarah Walker Caron is a cookbook author, freelance writer and founder of Sarah’s Cucina Bella. She is the author of several cookbooks including The Super Easy 5-Ingredient Cookbook and One-Pot Pasta, both from Rockridge Press. A single mother to two kids in middle school, Sarah loves nightly family dinners, juicy tomatoes plucked fresh from the vine and lazy days on the beach. She also adores reading and traveling.