Are you ready to start baking? The season is upon us and these 16 easy holiday cookies recipes will be a delight to make and delicious to enjoy.
As we were driving through a Connecticut town yesterday, twinkling lights were already strung on street lamps and boughs of greens encircling railings — all ready for the evening town tree lighting. With Thanksgiving behind us, it’s time to turn our attentions to the rest of the holiday season. There will be parties and carols, gift wrapped presents and baking sessions … but first, the towns will light up with the joy of the season. In that Connecticut town that meant that later in the evening, families clutching steaming cups and donned in mittens and warm coats would stand shoulder to shoulder to see the town’s giant tree light up for the first time.
When we return to Maine, the kids and I will deck our halls in a process that I’ve dubbed Christmas explosion — because we love the holiday season and love turning our house into a bright, beautiful ode to joy, giving and family. From the trees to the lights to the nativity, our house will gleam with the magic of the season.
And perhaps will even put on a favorite holiday movie, fill our mugs with cocoa and marshmallows and sit back to enjoy a little more.
In the meantime, I have cookies on the brain. Baking during the holiday season is one of my very favorite things to do. But I don’t always have time for complicated or time consuming recipes, which is why I love this collection of easy holiday cookies recipes. They are fun, delicious and seasonally themed — but also simple enough for time-pressed families to make.
Which of these do you want to make the most?
Easy Holiday Cookies Recipes
1. Letters to Santa Butter Cookies | Source: The Nerd’s Wife
2. Peppermint Truffle Cookie Bars | Source: Sarah’s Cucina Bella
3. Peanut Butter Pretzel Reindeer Cookies | Source: Thrifty Jinxy
4. Easy Coconut Sugar Cookies | Source: Oh My! Sugar High
5. 6 Ingredient Quick & Easy Sugar Cookies | Source: The Country Chic Cottage
6. 6 Ingredient Peanut Butter Blossom Cookies | Source: Musings From a Stay at Home Mom
7. Easy Microwave Praline Cookies | Source: The Happier Homemaker
8. Cinnadoodles | Source: Amanda’s Cookin’
9. 4 Ingredient Peppermint Cookies | Source: Sweet C’s Designs
10. Easy Cool Whip Cookies | Source: Sweep Tight
11. Holiday Ginger Cookies | Source: A Mom’s Take
12. Super Easy 4 Ingredient Peanut Butter Cookies | Source: The Happier Homemaker
13. Nana’s Snowball Cookies | Source: This Sweet Life of Mine
14. Nutter Butter Reindeer Cookies | Source: The Nerd’s Wife
15. Christmas Sugar Cookies | Source: A Mom’s Take
16. Chocolate Pretzel Peanut Butter Bars | Source: Sarah’s Cucina Bella
Sarah Walker Caron is a cookbook author, freelance writer and founder of Sarah’s Cucina Bella. She is the author of four cookbooks including The Super Easy 5-Ingredient Cookbook and One-Pot Pasta, both from Rockridge Press. A single mother to a tween and a teen, Sarah loves nightly family dinners, juicy tomatoes plucked fresh from the vine and lazy days on the beach. She also adores reading and traveling.