Disclosure: This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #DelightfulMoments #SplashOfDelight #CollectiveBias
This rich, chocolatey Double Chocolate Bundt Cake with Chocolate Caramel Glaze recipe is a delight to dig into anytime — but it’s especially good for celebrations.
There’s been much to celebrate lately. My daughter has conquered every math challenge sent her way — so much so that her teacher has had to find new challenges that aren’t often used in her fifth-grade classroom. My son has embraced a new season of track and — despite a few aches, pains and whines — is well on his way to a good season. And me? Well, there are some exciting professional developments … but I’ll tell you more about those soon.
In the meantime, let’s talk about this bundt cake, which is an absolutely delightful way of celebrating good things.
Inspired by lattes, this chocolate bundt cake is infused with a touch of coffee (that brings out the chocolate flavor even more!) and chocolate chips. Then it’s bathed in a chocolate caramel glaze. Seriously, Double Chocolate Bundt Cake with Chocolate Caramel Glaze is what you want to make for dessert tonight.
You’ll need a bundt cake pan, a whisk and a really large mixing bowl — one bigger than the one shown, actually. You can certainly make the batter in a pan that size, but it’s easier in a giant mixing bowl. Trust me.
It bakes for 40-45 minutes, and then needs to rest until it’s completely cooled before being glazed. Seriously.
And, now, let me tell you more about the glaze. To really get that great flavor in there, I combine International Delight® HERSHEY’S® Chocolate Caramel creamer with powdered sugar. Then, when the cake is cooled a bit, I just drizzle it all over. Yum.
Of course, that’s not the only way to enjoy this lovely creamer. Candy flavored creamers like International Delight® HERSHEY’S® Chocolate Caramel, International Delight® REESE’S® Peanut Butter Cup and International Delight® Almond Joy™ are also lovely in coffee. It’s a fun indulgence that makes your coffee extra special.
Perhaps you can even have it in that cup of coffee you sip while making this cake.
I know. It’s a good idea. I’m full of them.
Hint: These creamers were available at my local Walmart, where there’s an in-store display with a tearpad featuring a recipe and $0.50 off coupon valid in April.
- 2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup cocoa powder
- 4 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 2 large egg
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup hot brewed coffee
- 1 12- oz package semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tsp International Delight® HERSHEY’S® Chocolate Caramel creamer
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Grease a bundt cake pan.
- In a large mixing bowl, sift together the flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt with a whisk until it's mixed up evenly.
- Add the egg, milk, canola oil and vanilla to the bowl, and whisk to combine until smooth. This won't be easy, but going it by hand (it will take about 2 minutes) is completely worth it.
- Pour the boiling water into the mixing bowl and whisk gently to combine. The batter will go from being really super thick to being pourable and loose. Continue whisking until it's of a single consistency.
- Pour the batter into the prepared baking pan. Bake for 40-45 minutes or until a cake tester inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Let cool completely.
- In a small bowl, mix together the powdered sugar and International Delight® HERSHEY’S® Chocolate Caramel creamer. Drizzle all over the cake. Let sit for a bit before serving.
Visit the International Delight Pinterest page to find recipe inspiration for delicious, seasonal treats.