These Oven Baked Sweet Potato Fries are always a hit with dinner.
My husband doesn’t like sweet potatoes. He won’t eat them. He turns his nose up when I mention them. It’s one of many veggies that he just doesn’t like. So the other night, I whipped up a batch of Super Easy Low-Fat Oven Fries and made a batch of Oven Baked Sweet Potato Fries for Will and I. Yum! Two kinds of low-fat fries with dinner . . . perfect.
Did I mention that my husband hates sweet potatoes? Okay, just checking. That’s important. See, you can imagine my surprise when Shawn saw me plating the food and asked for some of the sweet potato fries too. He asked to eat them. Of course, I couldn’t say no (even though I wanted to eat them all myself. Mine! All mine!). How can you say no to that?
Perhaps better than his requesting some, he ate the whole handful I plopped on his plate and declared them “not bad.” High praise, ladies and gentlemen. High praise.
Will and I, of course, ate a bunch of these Oven Baked Sweet Potato Fries. These were really yummy. I’ve tried to make sweet potato fries before, but they never came out as tasty as these (definitely finding the right seasoning combination helped). I hand cut mine, but I recommend using a mandolin to ease the prep time. I am just glutton for punishment. Seriously. Who hand cuts fries when they OWN several devices that will do it for them? Geez.
In any case, if you are looking for easy direction on how to make sweet potato fries, look no further. These Oven Baked Sweet Potato Fries are perfect.
Now, a bit about sweet potatoes before I fork over the recipe. According to World’s Healthiest Foods, sweet potatoes are rich in vitamin A and vitamin C – both powerful antioxidants. It also is considered an antidiabetic food, which means that it can stabilize blood sugar and lower insulin resistance.
Serve these babies with some Homemade Ketchup.
Like this post? Become a fan of Sarah’s Cucina Bella on Facebook.
Love these sweet potato fries? You might also like:
- Parmesan Rosemary Sweet Potato Fries
- Chipotle Cinnamon Sweet Potato Fries
- Baked Barbecue Sweet Potato Fries
- Easy Low-Fat Oven Fries
About the Author (Author Profile)Sarah W. Caron is a freelance writer, editor and recipe developer. Her work has appeared in countless online and print publications including iVillage, BELLA NYC Magazine, Yum for Kids magazine and more. She lives in Connecticut with her two kids, two beagles and husband.
Sites That Link to this Post
- ARF/5-A-Day #104 | Food & Life | February 7, 2008
- Parmesan Rosemary Sweet Potato Fries | Sarah’s Cucina Bella :: Family Food | April 7, 2008
- Dine and Dish » Paybacks | August 22, 2008
- Sunday Chicken Dinner « I Like to Eat | November 17, 2008
- Fabulous Asiago Pepper Steak Fries | Sarah’s Cucina Bella :: Family Food | April 26, 2009
- Mmmm Good « Reborn Runner | June 10, 2009
- Sweet Potato Fries » Barefoot conTerra | October 6, 2009
- Sweet Potato Fries « mystified mama | October 27, 2009
- Meal Plan Monday- AK (Thanksgiving) « | November 26, 2009
- Oven Baked Sweet Potato Fries | Chronicles of a Curious Cook | December 23, 2009
- Meal Plan for the Week of April 10 | Sarah’s Cucina Bella :: Family Food | April 11, 2010
- A Sweet Kick: Chipotle Cinnamon Sweet Potato Fries | Sarah’s Cucina Bella :: Family Food | September 8, 2010
- Shoestring Kitchen » Blog Archive » Baked Sweet Potato Fries - Just another WordPress site | October 7, 2010
- Day 89, Week 13: Core Synergistics | Bodamer Blog | April 22, 2011
- slider burgers + sweet potato fries « two story cake | September 22, 2011
- Duck Fat-Cooked Fries Recipe | Leite's Culinaria | January 2, 2013
- oven-baked sweet potato fries | To Live Beautifully | January 14, 2013
- Sweet Potato Fries with Zesty Ranch Dip | The Merrythought | April 18, 2013