Hello, my name is Sarah and I am a fresh mozzarella, tomato and pesto addict. We eat it as a salad, on bread, over pasta and mixed into baked potatoes. And now … we even have a go-to lasagna recipe that’s perfect for summer.
This grilled lasagna is super easy to make. It can be whipped up and cooked in under 30 minutes (it only takes about 10 minutes on the grill), and then you are sitting down to a fresh, tasty, delicious dinner. I feel like I recommend this ad nausem, but eat this with a big salad and crusty bread. And I strongly recommend having Basil Vinaigrette on the salad. It’s just awesome together.
This combination just screams summer to me … what food combo says summer to you?
- 4 lasagna noodles, cooked and cooled
- ½ cup basil pesto
- 3 medium tomatoes, sliced into ¼ inch slices
- 8 slices fresh mozzarella
- For gas grills, heat to the highest setting. For charcoal grills, get the charcoal going and ready to cook.
- You will need four disposable mini loaf pans. In each pan, place one lasagna noodle along the length of the pan, with half of it hanging out over the edge.
- Spoon 1 tablespoon pesto onto the noodle, spreading out gently. Top with tomato slices, placed edge to edge along the length of the pan. Top with one slice mozzarella.
- Fold the lasagna noodle over the mozzarella. Spoon one tablespoon pesto over, and spread it out. Top with more tomato slices and a slice of mozzarella.
- Repeat until all four are made.
- Place the mini loaf pans onto the heated grill (direct heat, for charcoal) and cover with the grill lid. Cook for about 10 minutes, until hot and bubbly. The edges should be ever-so-slightly browned.