- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 cup half and half
- 1 cup Green Giant Veggie Blend-Ins Butternut Squash Puree, 2 pouches
- 1 cup freshly grated Romano cheese
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 tsp freshly grated nutmeg
- 1 lb fettuccine, prepared
- In a 10-inch sauté pan, melt the butter. Whisk in the flour and let cook for 2-3 minutes until golden. Slowly add the half and half to the pan, whisking to combine until all has been added. Add the butternut squash puree and whisk to combine. Cook, whisking occasionally, until thickened – 5-7 minutes.
- Add the Romano cheese, a handful at a time, whisking to combine. Continue until all the cheese has been added.
- Season the sauce with salt, pepper and nutmeg, tasting as you go. Add additional salt and pepper, as desired.
- Add the cooked pasta to the pan and toss to combine. Serve immediately.
If desired, serve with a light sprinkle of romano, sea salt, pepper and nutmeg.
Sarah Walker Caron is a cookbook author, freelance writer and founder of Sarah’s Cucina Bella. She is the author of several cookbooks including The Super Easy 5-Ingredient Cookbook and One-Pot Pasta, both from Rockridge Press. A single mother to two kids in middle school, Sarah loves nightly family dinners, juicy tomatoes plucked fresh from the vine and lazy days on the beach. She also adores reading and traveling.